Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Vacation??? For WHO????

Have any of you seen the movie Christmas Vacation? I am going to assume that most everyone has. Remember the part where Clark, (Chevy Chase), gets his chainsaw in order to cut down the tree in their yard because his tree was burned down while in his living room? And as he is walking down the stairs he wiggles the newel post, takes out his chainsaw and saws it off? In that moment, right after the wood post falls to the floor he yells "fixed the newel post" and has an insane look on his face? That is the look I am wearing now. I will more than likely have this look until next week sometime when things are back to normal. Dwarfs at school and Prince Charming at work. Normal. And quiet. At least for a long enough part of the day that I can breath without someone asking me why I am not breathing for them. If you have children you fully understand that statement. I gave my mother a little bird-like sort of plaque on year for some holiday or birthday I don't remember, and it says "having children is like being pecked to death by chickens". I must agree with that saying today. I do love them all dearly and I enjoy being with them, however, the week following Christmas is horrible. No one wants to share with each other, they don't want to play alone either. Yesterday one wanted to sing and one thought she would kill her sister for breathing too loundly much less singing, the horror!! Add to all the joy the husband who decides that now would be a great time to restructure finances and stay home from work for a few days. That nearly cost him his life. And I say that with all the love in the world...

On a plus, the kids had a great Christmas, all enjoyed their gifts, always a worry of mine, and my bathroom is DONE!!!!! No more sharing 1 amongst the 9 of us!!! YAY!!!!!!!!

One day I may post again, if I can remember how to sign in without the help of Jules and if I live through this joyous holiday!

No comments: