Sunday, September 28, 2008

Church

Today was our Wards Primary program. I am not a fan of the Primary program for a couple reasons. I fail to see the point. I know the kids have fun, some of them, and that they learn new songs, and they get a chance to show off, I mean, practice speaking in front of the congregation, again, some of them. Today Moody had a 1 minute talk on Heavenly Father loving us. She did fine. Grumpy didn't want to go up at all and so she was on the verge of tears the whole time. Quirky sat for a while with her class but then halfway through her teachers husband came and sat by me and wanted me to know that Quirky was sad. She was crying in fact. After a weird pantomime series of trying to solve the problem from the stand to the overflow where I was sitting with The Lone Ranger and Tiny, I motioned for her to come to me. She was crying and said she "needed me". Then Moody brought Grumpy to me, she too was crying and once she saw Quirky leave the program figured she might as well too. Moody then went back up to the stand. During this time I was trying to entertain The Lone Ranger with a color Wonder book and fruit snacks. This lasted about 5 minutes. He thought it was funny to put the marker lids on his fingers and then even funnier when he found that a flick of his wrist would send them flying. I mentioned we were in the overflow area where the floors are wood? Every time one of the lids left his fingers it seemed to make a horrendous noise. Then he began to make a horrendous noise. For a boy he sure does scream like a girl!! All in all, my kids did not sing, they did not speak, with the one exception, and they were they only kids making trips back and forth from the stand. I love getting ready for church, thinking we are doing well, and then trying hard not to scream obsenitites at them. The one I haven't introduced yet is Nameless dwarf. She goes by many, many, many names. She is whiny yet helpful, responsible yet off in the clouds. I have no all encompassing name for her. She tried to be helpful but mostly just roamed about the overflow area chasing down marker lids and what not and then GIVING THEM BACK TO THE BOY!! When I took the boy out for the first of many trips out, she sent Quirky and Grumpy out to get me to see if she should pick up Tiny who was "screaming". I could not hear her screaming, I think Nameless just wanted to hold her for something to do. Lets just say Relief Society and Sunday School were FANTASTIC!!!! And needed.

I have a good friend who regularly writes a list of thinks she is grateful for at the end of her posts, I thought I might try it but today is not the day. Grumpy is screeching at Nameless that she hates her, Quirky is supposed to be getting hangers for the laundry that isn't actually being done and I am just sitting here thinking that I should be watching them better, I should be helping with the laundry and I should care that The Lone Ranger is eating a chapstick. I know I have many things for which I should be grateful and should express gratitude for. Today was a struggle. WAIT!! I have it! I am grateful that we were able to go to church today. Because this is America. And because it is America we have freedoms to go and worship as we please and where we please. And since we made it this week to exercise our religious freedoms, we can have our other freedoms back that we lost when we didn't go last week. In other words, we are no longer grounded from the tv, phone, and computer. Thanks to my mom for the freedom speech all those years.

Have a good Sunday All, I am going to go lay down and try to find my happy place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After reading this I am astonished to find that I'm not really motivated to go back to church. I mean, come on, you all get so much peace out of it. I think maybe I'll stick to kneeling at the end of my bed.