Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A brush with the Melancholy side of Life, Don't worry, this is the end of the sappy this month...

Sunday night was interesting. We went to a viewing for someone who had taken their own life. It makes me remember that there are so many people in so much pain out there. It makes me ache to think of the hopelessness they feel and the pain that they leave their loved ones with. There is something horrible about seeing the Dad of this young person broken down that tears your heart out.
When we got home from the viewing, our oldest, UFD, announces that she wants to drop out of high school. This starts an hour screaming match between her and the Prince. I know she is capable of passing her classes, I know she is capable of excelling in her classes, she has no desire. I am at my wits end with her. She informed my neighbor that I am a hypocrite for not letting her have wine at her house, because if I have tasted it then she should be allowed to as well. NEWS FLASH!!!! I was NOT allowed!!! The Prince wants to send her to a survival camp this summer so she can learn respect and responsibility, aren't these things we should have instilled already? Are there teenagers out there who show respect to their parents ALL the time? Where is it that I have failed this child? Have I failed all of them? Are they all going to tell us the same things sooner or later? After 17 years of being the mom I feel almost as helpless as I did when they first handed her to me.
I have to go get things done now, since there is nothing organized about our existence here in the pit of Hell we call home.

1 comment:

Manu Family said...

hi this is Tiffany Kam's wife... hopfully I found the right blog???