Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The B.J.W.C.

In our neighborhood we have ALOT of Jehovah's Witnesses that stop by. My neighbor Jules is the only person I know who talks to them. I mean she really talks to them. And it isn't like she is looking to find a religion, she is perfectly happy with the one she has, she just really likes these people. A couple weeks ago they came by and she told them that she was never going to join their church, but that she really enjoyed visiting with them. As I recall her dad said she was leading them on and her husband didn't seem to get why she would want to invite them for dinner. I don't get it either. I hardly ever answer the door for them. They ring and ring, and knock and ring some more, but I don't want to be sucked into a discussion on religion with strangers and so I usually ignore it. The one time I did answer for them they asked if it was a bad time, I was clad in a nightgown and holding my newborn, trying to keep my toddler from escaping. I wanted to ask if they thought it was a bad time and also did they by any chance notice the No Soliciting sign posted clearly in the window. I was polite though and said that it was a bad time and tried to shut the door before they got their little magazine through but no such luck. I threw it away for them.
Anyway, Jules really likes them and they came to see her again today. Maybe they think there's hope even though she told them there wasn't, maybe they want a dinner invitation. I wonder if they would like her as much if she started calling them The Black Jehovah's Witness Chick?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The rest of the story goes like this....you asked me, "Jules, since you are so close with this women, then what is her name?" And I said very eloquently, "Um, uh, the black Jehovah's Witness Chick...also known as the B.J.W.C."

Then we laughed hysterically. Come on you know we did.

99 said...

Yes, yes we did. Hysterically.